Friday, November 2, 2012

Don't Know Nothing...



Warning! If you have come here (I appreciate that, btw) for writing or publishing advice, you are at the wrong place. Wait! Don’t go! I can’t offer wisdom or strategy, but I can give you honesty. I am just a woman who loves fiction, respects words and has combined those two things into something called a novel. The writing of the novel was equal parts awful and awesome and I can’t wait to do it again, but there is a problem. Once you write a novel, you have to do something with it. That is where I’m completely stumped. There is so much information out there, but what I can’t find anywhere is where you go from the very beginning. Most advice that I’ve found is from someone who can say something like “I have won some contests” or “My short stories have been printed in…”  I can’t say that. I am not published. I am starting from zero. So, since I was out there looking for the absolute beginning; I thought I should share my absolute beginning. Here it is. I don’t know anything, but I am going to figure it out.

1 comment: